Copywriter, Main Street Hub — Austin, TX (Oct 2016 - Present)
- Communicate closely with Content and Customer Success teams to ensure accurate representation of customer's brand, voice, and areas of focus online.
- Impress customers with top-notch storytelling, writing, and visual design.
- Set other team members up for success by creating a crucial guide for the future of the customer's content execution.
Grant Writing Intern, Kids In A New Groove — Austin, TX (Aug 2016 - Oct 2016)
- Assisted with grant writing and program initiatives.
Senior Copywriter, Damolade Consulting — Austin, TX (Apr 2016 - Oct 2016)
- Wrote blog posts, long-form articles, and metadata for clients.
- Proofread and copyedited existing materials ad hoc before delivery to clients.
Senior Copywriter & Content Manager, GPO Management, Inc. — Austin, TX (Jun 2012 - Mar 2016)
- Wrote, reviewed, and delivered weekly, monthly, and quarterly content to 10 clients.
- Collaborated daily with project managers, copywriters, designers, analysts, and developers to ensure cohesive vision and efficient project completion.
- Managed copywriting team to create editorial calendars and execute long-term, long-form writing projects to meet strict deadlines.
- Worked within multiple project management systems, both internal and client-facing.
- Communicated with clients in person, online, and over the phone to establish project goals, deliver progress updates, and assess solutions.
Poetry Submissions Reader, UT Hothouse Literary Journal — Austin, TX (Nov 2010 - Apr 2011)
- With a team of 7 readers, evaluated over 100 student-written poems submitted for publication.
- Publicized submission opportunities, cover art contest, and finished journal.
The University of Texas at Austin — Austin, TX (Spring 2012)
B.A., English / Minor in Theatre
The University of Evansville — Evansville, IN (Fall 2007 - Fall 2009)
Theatre Design & Technology
Advanced knowledge of SEO/SEM • Basic knowledge of Google Analytics • Basic knowledge of WordPress • Basic knowledge of GitLab • Basic knowledge of Jira • Proficient with Google Apps for Work • Proficient with Microsoft Office programs • Experience in Asana and Basecamp project management systems